On 29 June 2o21 (Tuesday) from 16.00 to 17.30 CET, you are cordially invited to attend the presentation and discussion of the World Bank’s World Development Report (WDR) 2021: Data for Better Lives. The WDR is an annual publication that in-depth analyses a specific aspect of economic development.
World Development Report 2021
The World Development Report 2021 explores the tremendous potential of the changing data landscape to improve the lives of poor people, while also acknowledging its potential to open back doors that can harm individuals, businesses, and societies. To address this tension between the helpful and harmful potential of data, this Report calls for a new social contract that enables the use and reuse of data to create economic and social value, ensures equitable access to that value, and fosters trust that data will not be misused in harmful ways.
- Malarvizhi Veerappan, Program Manager, Development Data Group, World Bank
- Vivien Foster, Chief Economist, Infrastructure Vice-Presidency, World Bank
- Dean Jolliffe, Lead Economist, Development Data Group, World Bank
- Dr Samira Asma, Assistant Director-General, Data, Analytics and Delivery, World Health Organization
- Dr Anthony Rea, Director, Infrastructure, World Meteorological Organization
- Maria Dimitriadou, Special Representative to the UN and the WTO, World Bank
You can register to the event by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. You will then receive the connection details.
Download World Development Report 2021 here.