18 Sep 2023
Venue: Palais des Nations, Room XXV & Online | YouTube
This side event on Geoengineering and Human Rights was organized by the Center for International Environmental Law, FES Geneva Office and FIAN International.
About this Event
This side event will look at the human rights implications and risks of geoengineering interventions. Speakers will discuss recent reports by human rights institutions, and more in general the role of human rights mechanisms in furthering the geoengineering discussion.
- Patrycja Sasnal, Human Rights Council Advisory Committee
- Marcos Orellana, Special Rapporteur on toxics and human rights
- Margaretha Wewerinke-Singh, Blue Ocean Law and University of Amsterdam
- Kevin Surprise, Mount Holyoke College
- Ghazali Ohorella, Alifuru Council
- Francesca Mingrone, Center for International Environmental Law (CIEL)
Moderator: Ana María Suarez Franco, FIAN International