Geneva Debriefing on the UN Climate Change Conference
A debriefing of the 25th meeting of the Conference of the Parties to the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC COP25), held in Madrid, Spain, from 2-13 December 2019, under the Presidency of the Government of Chile, will take place at the International Environment House on Tuesday 14 January 2020. This event, organized within the framework of the Geneva Environment Network, will address the links with processes ongoing in Geneva.
Measures to improve air quality in Geneva
From 15 January 2020, during pollution peaks, traffic in the centre of the canton of Geneva will be temporarily prohibited to the most polluting vehicles. Only motorized vehicles with an authorized Stick’AIR sticker will be permitted to travel in this zone between 06:00 and 22:00. Find out more on the other measures during pollution peaks on the Geneva Canton website.
What should I read next?
- Are “megafires” the new normal? UNEP News, 10 January 2020.
- IUCN Acting Director General’s Statement on the ongoing bush fires in Australia. 10 January 2020.
- NASA’s CALIPSO Satellite Animation Shows Smoke from Australian Fires, Spreading High and Far East. Nasa, 9 january 2020.
- How the WTO can help address plastic pollution. Carolyn Deere Birkbeck, Senior Researcher, The Graduate Institute, 9 January 2020.
- ‘Zero Draft’ of the post-2020 global biodiversity framework. The text that will form the basis for negotiations on a #biodiversity2020 agreement to safeguard all life on Earth.
Stay tuned for additional news
Please note that the list of events and vacancies provided in our weekly newsletter is non-exhaustive. Stay tuned and follow us also on Twitter, Facebook and other social networks, or visit our website regularly for additional updates.