Environment @ the Humanitarian Networks and Partnership Week
The 6th edition of the Humanitarian Networks and Partnerships Week (HNPW), is taking place this week in Geneva. More than 2000 experts in crisis preparedness and response from over 350 organizations and countries will be gathering at CICG. #HNPW2020
Various events will discuss environmental-related topics: climate change, nature based solutions, plastics and more on the agenda. Check our selection.
Ciné Environment House: Our Planet
The docuseries “Our Planet” narrated by Sir David Attenborough, showcasing the world’s natural wonders, is being screened at the International Environment House on Thursdays, at lunch time. Joint us for the screening of the 2nd episode, “Frozen Worlds“, this Thursday at 12:30, with our invited exert, Carl Gustaf LUNDIN, Principal Scientist at the IUCN Global Marine and Polar Programme. #OurPlanet
Sustainable Fisheries Standards
The 3rd meeting of the UNECE Team of Specialists on Sustainable Fisheries (ToSSF), is taking place on 4 February 2020 at the Palais des Nations, to continue the ongoing work and shape the team’s future agenda. The meeting will be opened by the Ambassador of Portugal with an update on the 2020 UN Ocean Conference.
Illicit Trade & More on this Week’s Agenda
Check the list below to see the list of events targeting environmental-related topics this week. Please note that the list of events and vacancies provided in our weekly newsletter is non-exhaustive. Stay tuned and follow us also on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, and other and other social networks, or visit our website regularly for additional updates.
What should I read next?
- Gender-based violence and environment linkages. IUCN, 2020.
- Diary of a drought: Life in Kenya, Somalia, and Zimbabwe as drought takes hold in eastern and southern Africa. The New Humanitarian, 2020. A six-month series tracing the lives of six families in three countries as they grapple with the daily realities of drought.
- Decade of Action on the Sustainable Development Goals. UN, 2020.
- GSPI Policy Brief: Behavioral Insights for Climate Action. GSPI, January 2020. Authored by Professor Tobias Brosch from the University of Geneva.
- UNDP Human Development Report 2019 (HDR2019) Chapter 5 on Climate change and inequalities in the Anthropocene. UNDP, December 2019.