In 2008 and 2009, the Conferences of the Parties the Basel, Rotterdam and Stockholm Conventions adopted the recommendations of the Ad Hoc Joint Working Group on enhancing cooperation and coordination among the Basel, Rotterdam and Stockholm Conventions. This briefing was chaired by the Executive Secretaries of the Conventions, senior UNEP officials and representatives from the Indonesian and Swiss Governments.
A briefing on the Basel, Rotterdam and Stockholm Conventions, by the Executive Secretaries of the Conventions, senior UNEP officials and representatives from the Indonesian and Swiss Governments took place at the International Environment House on 24 September 2020.
Coffee & Tea
Welcome and introduction
- Christophe Bouvier, Director and Regional Representative, UNEP
Outcomes of the First meeting of the Expanded Bureau of the ninth meeting of the Conference of the Parties to the Basel Convention held in Geneva, on 23-24 June 2009
Preparations for the simultaneous extraordinary meetings of the Conference of the Parties to the Basel, Rotterdam and Stockholm Conventions (ExCOPs), Bali, Indonesia, 22-26 February 2010
UNEP’s Initiative on Financing Options for Chemicals and Wastes
- Donald Cooper, Co-Executive Secretary, Rotterdam Convention and Executive Secretary, Stockholm Convention
- Katharina Kummer Peiry, Executive Secretary, Basel Convention
- Jacob Duer, Senior Advisor on Human Resources & Synergies Focal point, UNEP
Country-Led Initiative (CLI) to Improve the Effectiveness of the Basel Convention
- Emma Rachmawaty, Assistant Deputy Minister for Management of Hazardous Substances and Wastes Manufacture and Agro Industry, Ministry of Environment, Indonesia
- Franz Xaver Perrez, Deputy Head of International Affairs Division, Swiss Federal Office for the Environment