19 Apr 2021 – 07 May 2021
The Humanitarian Networks and Partnerships Week (HNPW) provides a unique forum for humanitarian networks and partnerships to meet and address key humanitarian issues. One of the largest humanitarian events of its kind, it gathers participants from the UN, NGOs, Member States, the private sector, the military, academia and beyond to discuss and solve common challenges in humanitarian affairs.
Co-hosted by the United Nations Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs (OCHA) and by the Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation (SDC), the Humanitarian Networks and Partnerships Weeks 2021 will gather experts and humanitarian professionals from more than 40 participating networks and partnerships. This year’s virtual 3-week event will offer participants the opportunity to attend sessions covering different time zones, encouraging broad participation from around the world.
Some of the many insightful events will address environmental concerns in humanitarian actions. Find relevant events by topic in the overview below.
- Connected Talks – Climate Crisis, Nexus, Anticipatory Action | 27 April, 16.00 – 17.00 / 28 April, 09.00 – 10.00 / 29 April, 13.00 – 14.00 | HNPW/LEP associated
- Climate and Environment Charter for Humanitarian Organizations | 27 April, 14.00 – 15.00 | EHAN & Climate Crisis
- Towards a greener and climate smart humanitarian response | 28 April, 14.00 – 15.30 |
- Persons with Disabilities and Climate Action: how we can be more inclusive? | 29 April, 13.00 – 14.00 |
- How Climate Change Fuels Gender-Based Violence: Zooming in on tools and data for gender-inclusive early warning systems and effective GBV early action intervention models | 4 May, 9.00 – 10,30 | IASC, Start NW & Anticipatory Action
- Introducing Urban Action Kit for climate resilience | 5 May, 14.00 – 15.00 | HNPW/LEP associated
Waste and Pollution
- Addressing plastic in humanitarian operations through innovation partnerships | 21 April, 14.00 – 15.30 | HNPW/LEP associated
- Joint Sustainable Packaging Initiative: Working together towards more sustainable packaging waste management | 26 April, 16.45 – 17.15 / 30 April, 16.15 – 17.15 | Global Logs Cluster
- Nature-based Solutions for Disaster Risk Reduction and Climate Change Adaptation in Humanitarian Contexts | 3 May, 15.00 – 16.00 | EHAN & Climate Crisis
- Energizing the Most Vulnerable: Sustainable Energy in Displacement Settings and Launch of the Implementers Network | 28 April, 11.00 – 12.00 | EHAN