08 Apr 2011
Venue: International Conference Centre of Geneva
Organization: Geneva Environment Network
In April 2011, WBCSD released the Guide to Corporate Ecosystem Valuation (CEV), which is the first of its kind, catering directly for the needs of business. It was developed through an 18-month process of close collaboration with businesses themselves – fourteen members road tested the Guide, working with four partners: International Union for Conservation of Nature (IUCN), World Resources Institute (WRI), ERM (the main author of the Guide) and PwC.
12:00 – 13:00
- Welcome by Björn Stigson, President, WBCSD
- Introduction by Takeshi Takagi, Hitachi
- Presentation of the Guide to CEV by Eva Zabey, WBCSD
- Panel reactions moderated by James Griffiths, WBCSD
- Gerard Bos, Holcim
- Juan Gonzalez, Syngenta
- Josh Bishop, IUCN
- Reactions on CEV from two non-business representatives
- Q & A/ moderated discussion (incl. media)
- Closing by Christophe Bouvier, UNEP & Geneva Environment Network
13:00 – 14:00
Please join us for a light lunch
About the organizers
The World Business Council for Sustainable Development (WBCSD) is a CEO-led, global association of some 200 companies dealing exclusively with business and sustainable development.
The Geneva Environment Network is a partnership of over 75 environment and sustainable development organizations based in the Geneva area, including WBCSD, set up in 1999 by UNEP with the support of the Swiss Federal Office for Environment.