Presentation of IPCC AR5 WGII & III Reports
19 Jun 2014
Venue: International Environment House II
Organization: Geneva Environment Network
About this Session
The IPCC Fifth Assessment Report (AR5) provides a clear and up to date view of the current state of scientific knowledge relevant to climate change. It comprises three Working Group (WG) reports and a Synthesis Report (SYR).
The Working Group II & III (WGII & WG III) contributions to the AR5 – ClimateChange 2014: Impacts, Adaptation, and Vulnerability and Climate Change2014: Mitigation of Climate Change were launched in March and April 2014. TheWG II contribution assesses risks and opportunities for societies, economies, and ecosystems around the world. The WG III contribution assesses the options for mitigating climate change and their underlying technological, economic and institutional requirements.
An event providing an overview of the WGII &III contributions to the AR5 report, took place at the International Environment House on 19 June, with:
- Introduction and Overview of Progress and Timeline for AR5 Renate CHRIST, Secretary, IPCC
- Key messages and issues arising from the WG II Report Chris FIELD, Co-Chair, IPCC Working Group II
- Key messages and issues arising from the WG III Report Elmar KRIEGLER, Lead Author, IPCC Working Group III
- A Country perspective José ROMERO, Swiss Federal Office for Environment
- Question & answer session moderated by Renate CHRIST