Call for Nominations: Geneva-based Gender and Environment Advocates
International Women's Day 2017
The 2017 theme for International Women’s Day, celebrated on 8 March, focuses on “Women in the Changing World of Work: Planet 50-50 by 2030”. On this particular day, UN Women and the UN family call upon all actors to Step It Up for Gender Equality towards a Planet 50-50 by 2030.
In 2016, as part of International Women's Day, a call for nominations for Geneva-based inspirational women working to protect the environment was launched and 20 of the inspirational women nominated were awarded. This year, three weeks ahead of International Women's Day on 8 March, we are again launching a call for nominations.
Call for Nominations
To recognize individuals’ commitment and contribution to the advancement and support of gender equality and women's empowerment in the field of environment.
The nominee is a champion for gender equality in the field of environment, who might:
- Demonstrate a commitment to gender equality and dedication furthering the status of women in environmental organizations.
- Exhibit an active involvement in gender equality causes in the environmental field.
- Be a role model for women.
- Demonstrate commitment to an improved environment for women in the work place through a range of activities which may include: organization setting, policy formation, goal setting, programmes, or mentoring and/or promoting gender parity.
- Promote and/or facilitate the active involvement of women in environmental decision-making; furthers gender concerns and perspectives to be integrated into sustainable development policies and programmes.
Eligibility: The nominee may be a man or a woman, working in the greater Geneva region. All nationalities welcome.
Nominations: Self- or other-nominated.
Timeline for application: From Monday 13 February to Tuesday 28 February 2017, 2pm Geneva time.
Submission process: Please complete the nomination form below.
Selection Process: A selection committee will review applications and select awardees.
Award Notification: Winners will be contacted by email. Awards will be presented at 8 March 2017 ceremony (breakfast at the International Environment House).
The results will be announced on 8 March 2017.